VISA Card – VISA World Card
ICS offers a simple way to get the VISA World credit card in Germany: No fees, just an easy-to-use credit card.
The 5 minute registration process can be done online, you will only need to identify yourself either via an online service or via PostIdent, which is a check of your passport at a local post office. Please make sure you fulfil the prerequisites stated below, otherwise your application will be rejected. If you get rejected you might want to try a different VISA card, such as the comdirect VISA Card or the Hanseatic VISA GenialCard.
- Free partner card at no extra cost for your partner or family members
- Fees for foreign currency transactions 1.85% – 2.00%
- No new bank account necessary, use your existing bank account
- Contactless payment possible
|Credit Card Type||
Revolving Credit Card
1.85% – 4.00%
|Foreign Currency Payment||
1.85% – 2.00%
Prerequisites in order to register for the credit card:
- (Registered) Residency in Germany (non-EU citizens need to send in their German residence permit)
- Any German bank account (see our overview of free German bank accounts here)
- At least 18 years old of age
- Sufficient credit score (Schufa)
- Valid mobile phone number (get a free German SIM card here)
If your application is rejected, just try the alternative free VISA cards below.
There is no account opening fee and no monthly or yearly fee. Even the VISA card is always free. You can withdraw cash with the VISA card from any cash machine worldwide and mostly pay no fees – some countries still take fees for credit card withdrawals. But these fees are not taken by the ICS VISA card, just from the third-party ATM service.
ICS offers a VISA card with no additional fees for cash withdrawals in a foreign country. With the ICS VISA World Card you can just use any bank that is closest to your location and you only pay the foreign currency fees of 1.85% in a non-Euro country in the EU and 2.00% in the rest of the world.
Cash withdrawals in Germany in Euro cost a fee of 4% (minimum €5).
The 5 minute registration process can be done online, you will only need to identify yourself either via an online service or via PostIdent, which is a check of your passport at a local post office.
Other VISA credit cards: