American Express – Platinum Card
❗️PROMOTION UNTIL 30TH November 2018❗️ Order the American Express Platinum Card until 30.10.2018 and receive a €100 starting bonus on your card. Also, the 300€ registration fee will be waived.
The American Express Platinum Card is one of the most exclusive credit cards American Express has to offer. The special benefits include:
- Free access to more than 1.200 airport lounges worldwide
- Valet parking at discounted rates at 8 major German airports
- Yearly €200 credit to spend on online travel offers (e.g. flights, hotels, rental cars)
- Free late checkout until 4pm guaranteed at more than 1.000 hotels worldwide
- 8 different travel insurances included
- Free personal 24 hour phone support
- Free additional Platinum card and 4 American Express cards (e.g. Gold cards) for your family and friends
- Only €50 credit card fee per month
- Supports Apple Pay
This exclusive credit card collects American Express loyalty points (Membership Rewards) with every purchase. You also get €250 starting credit if your payments for the first three months amount to more than €2.500.
The 10 minute registration process can be done online, you will only need to identify yourself either via an online service or via PostIdent, which is a check of your passport at a local post office.
|Credit Card Type|
Charge Credit Card
4% (min. 5€)
|Foreign Currency Payment|
2% of the amount
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every 1 Euro spent anywhere. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for great products, travel, gift cards, or you can even pay with the points.
Additional advantages of the American Express card include these services (provided by the partner insurances):
- extended return policy (90 days) for your purchases online or offline (min. value of purchase 30€, max. value 400€ per purchase, 1.500€ per year), certain exclusions apply.
- free global travel information and support service (visa regulation information, required vaccinations information, referral of English-speaking hospitals or doctors)
- shipping of forgotten prescriptions, urgent medicine, glasses or contact lenses (if broken during your travels) from your home address to your current address abroad
- Easy access to your balance overview via the exclusive Platinum Mobile App
- max. cash withdrawal: 1.500€/7 days
- in case of a card abuse through no fault of one’s own, the max. liability amount is 50€
- if your billing amount cannot be paid in time, American Express charges a fee (base rate plus 5%) after the first admonition and 8€ for every following admonition
This credit card is a good choice, if you plan to use it for payments in Germany or a country that has the Euro, because the foreign currency fee is quite high (2% of your purchase amount). It is also not advisable to withdraw cash with the American Express card, because it will cost you a fee of 4% of the withdrawal amount (minimum 5 Euro).
Please refer to the original American Express contract terms for the complete list of services and fees.