Dog Liability Insurance – Helden
Helden is a fully digital German insurance company. They offer dog liability insurance to dog owners throughout Germany. Prices for Helden’s dog liability insurance start at 69€ a year or 5.75€ per month. Helden offers a comparison tool, so you can compare their prices and coverage to other German dog liability insurances.
Helden’s dog liability insurance coverage covers up to €50 million which is the highest amount of coverage offered by our top 5 favorite dog liability insurances. This comprehensive plan offers a wide variety of coverage which we’ve outlined below.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Coverage up to 50€ million
- Damage caused by the insured dog without a leash or muzzle/loop
- Damage to rented items or property
- Item replacement coverage – for full value up to a max of 18 months after the purchase
- Injuries to another dog caused by the insured dog – medical costs are covered
- Failure coverage – Vet bills up to 3,000€ are covered if the owner of the uninsured dog fails to pay
- Coverage extends abroad while traveling internationally
- Mating damages
- Anyone who is watching the dog
- Dog sport equipment protection
- Funeral costs – if your dog passes away due to an accident, the insurance will cover the cremation costs up to 1,000 Euro
- Personal injury – treatment costs are covered
- Assistance and companion dogs accidents are covered
- Therapeutics dog accidents
- Dog vehicles – ie, sleds
- Dog school accidents
HOW CAN I NAVIGATE HELDEN’S WEBSITE IF I DON’T SPEAK GERMAN?
Helden’s website is completely in German, but you can use the Google translate extension on Chrome to translate the app fairly accurately. Keep in mind that the contract you sign is German. From the website you can manage your insurance and submit any new claims. Helden doesn’t have an app yet, which makes it a little more difficult to file a claim on your mobile device.
HOW DO YOU APPLY FOR THIS INSURANCE?
The application process is easy – the website claims that you can complete the application within three minutes. Once your application is approved you will receive protection from Helden’s coverage immediately. If you need to cancel your insurance, you can cancel at any time.
We like this insurance because it is a fully digital platform. The website is easy to navigate, which is very helpful when submitting a claim or adjusting the insurance. We also like that the coverage is comprehensive and covers up to 50€ million in damages. If you want to check that you are getting the best coverage, Helden also offers a comparison tool. If you choose to switch to Helden, they can cancel your previous contract on your behalf. When you apply for Helden’s dog liability insurance, it only take a few minutes to apply and receive coverage, and it’s easy to cancel.
The drawbacks are that they don’t have an app, although they are fully digital. We also find it challenging to sift through the terms and conditions because it is fully in German. The website is also fully in German and the customer service department also responds in German.
WHAT IS THE PRICE?
If you’re interested in obtaining Helden’s Pet Liability Insurance, the cost is 69€ per year. The application process is simple and should only take a few minutes – the website will prompt you through a series of questions.