Privathaftpflicht (1 YEAR) / Private Liability – Gothaer
Gothaer is a well-known insurance provider, which also provides a fully digital way of booking your insurance. You can get covered the next day by just following the online step-by-step tutorial while selecting your preferred plan. The Gothaer private liability insurance (Privathaftpflicht) covers the following:
- Private liability damages
- Lost keys (from a third party)
- Loss of receivables (the person who damaged your belongings does not have an insurance)
- Damages incurred during voluntary work
- All-time coverage in all of Europe / world-wide coverage up to 3 years
- Damages in your rented apartment
- Optional: Borrowed or rented items
- Optional: House guests, Family members, life partner, spouse and children
€10 million – €50 million
How to book your insurance
In order to book the insurance plan you need, just follow the instructions online. You need to provide your name, e-mail address, date of birth, and how many liability cases you had in the past 3 years. You can then select your deductible and when you want the insurance to come into effect.
Gothaer’s standard private liability insurance rate is 2,63€ per month, which amounts to €31,58 per year. This standard plan covers a maximum damage amount of €10 million and has a deductible of 150€ per liability case.
You can decide how much of a deductible you would prefer, which affects the monthly fee for the insurance:
No Deductible (0.00€) – 4,40€/month | 53,00€/year
Deductible of 150€ – 2,63€/month | 31,58€/year
You can also decide to choose a plan with a higher maximum damage coverage of €20 million or €50 million, which will affect your monthly fees.