Business Bank Account – Qonto (formerly Penta)
Qonto (formerly known as Penta) is a German-based digital banking app that offers business bank accounts to tech start-ups with registered businesses in Germany. Penta’s banking platform is provided in cooperation with solarisBank, a German bank holding a full German banking license. Penta has been acquired by Qonto and is now available under the Qonto brand. Depending on your needs, you can either use Penta as the main account for your business or as a secondary account for your daily transactions. Below, we’ve outlined the business bank accounts and pricing model
Penta’s business bank accounts are best for small businesses and start-ups.
The Key Benefits of the Free Account:
- 50 outgoing transfers per month
- 1 Business debit card
- Customer support in English and German
- German IBAN
- Mobile and Web application
- Activity notifications
Go to Qonto
What are the different accounts offered?
Starter – 9 Euro / Month
Comfort – 19 Euro / Month
Enterprise – 49 Euro / Month
Key Benefits of Advanced and Premium Account:
- 100-300 outgoing transfers per month
- 2-5 Business debit cards
- 2-5 account users
- Premium support in English and German
- Recurring transfers
- Accounting integrations with LexOffice or Debitor
- Co-Founder access (Premium)
- Batch Payments (Premium)
- Cards for employees (Premium)
Keep in Mind:
- Pricing does not include VAT
- SEPA direct debits are not yet available
- You cannot deposit cash
How to open:
It will take about 15 minutes to open
- Click on this link.
- Choose the account you would like to sign up for.
- The sign up will prompt you on what to do next.
- We recommend having the following information on hand:
Personal information: full name, birthday, address, and valid ID card or passport
Business information: the business type (UG, GmbH, or other), the registration number (if applicable), and incorporation documents if applicable
- Shareholder or legal representation information: ie, managing directors, natural persons only and shareholders who have above 25%
- You will need to have your identification verified through IDNow.