Business Bank Account – Kontist
Kontist’s focus on the German market allows them to provide accounting features that are specifically helpful when preparing German Taxes. Below we’ve outlined the key features of the 3 different Kontist business bank accounts and will show you how to open an account with Konto.
An account with Kontist is best for sole traders, freelancers, traders, and small business owners who are residents in Germany.
Benefits of the Kontist FREE business bank account:
- Free basic account
- Activity notifications
- Customer service in English and German
- Unlimited SEPA transfers
- Virtual debit Mastercard
- Web and Mobile apps
Kontist is a German-based banking app that offers business bank accounts to freelancers and self-employed who are registered in Germany. Kontist technically isn’t a bank, they provide the platform that enables you to manage the business bank account while using solarisBank to manage the bank account itself. SolarisBank is a FinTech focused German bank that holds a German banking license.
What are the different accounts offered?
Kontist Free – 0 Euro / Month
Kontist Premium – 9 Euro / Month
Duo (Premium + Lexoffice) – 12 Euro / Month
Benefits of the Kontist PAID business bank accounts:
- All the advantages of the free account
- Virtual and physical debit Mastercard
- Advance tax payments
- Accounting integration with Debitoor, Lexoffice, and FastBill
- LexOffice account included (Duo)
- Unlimited invoices (Duo)
- Digitalized bookkeeping (Duo)
- Expense management (Duo)
- Receipts management functions (Duo)
- DATEV export with (Duo)
- You can also book a tax advisor service separately
Things to Note:
- 2 Euro withdrawal fee
- 1.7% surcharge for payments of withdrawal in foreign currencies
- Deposit insurance on up to 100,000 Euro
No other banking platform offers Tax forecasting which is handy since you don’t need to manually calculate how much you will need to pay in taxes. The predicted taxes is automatically set aside in a separate account which you will always have the ability to access. Keep in mind that depreciation is not included for high-value items.
If you also need accounting software, we highly recommend utilizing Kontist’s partnership with Lexoffice. If you are interested in getting both Kontist Premium and Lexoffice than Duo is a great deal for you since LexOffice normally costs 7.90 Euros per month. This deal is only offered to folks who don’t already have a LexOffice subscription. With Duo, you will gain access to a LexOffice account and Kontist Premium. In the process, you will sign two contracts one with Kontist and the other with LexOffice.
How To Open your KONTIST business bank account:
Registration will take about 10 minutes.
- Click on this link.
- Choose which version of the account you want, i.e. which pricing (Free, Premium, Duo)
- Enter your email
- Enter your personal details
- Make the video call with their partner IDnow (you need a valid ID document).