Business Bank Account – HOLVI
Holvi is a Finnish based digital bank designed to serve freelancers and entrepreneurs. They offer business banking services in 9 different countries. Here we will focus on the features and pricing models offered to businesses registered in Germany. Account-holders with a registered business in Germany will reserve a German IBAN. They offer a website and a mobile app in both English and German so you can easily monitor your account in the language you feel most comfortable with.
Holvi offers three pricing tiers for their business bank account. The lower-priced accounts, “Starter” and “Grower” allow you to customize features on an as-needed basis, so you can optimize your business account settings by adding valuable features for an incremental cost. The highest-priced account, “unlimited” gives you access to all the features Holvi offers. The pricing structure allows you to scale your business account as your business grows.
This account is great for businesses that are looking to grow the number of account users.
Holvi allows the following business types to open an account.
- Sole proprietorship/trade (not registered)
- GmbH in foundation (pre-GmbH)
- GmbH – limited liability company
- UG – Entrepreneurship (limited liability) in foundation
- UG – Entrepreneurship (limited liability)
What are the different accounts offered?
Starter – 0 Euro / Month
Grower – 12 Euro/ Month
Unlimited – 98 Euro / Month
Benefits of Free Account:
- Customer Service in English and German
- Free SEPA transfers
- Web and mobile apps in English and German
- Send and receive 3 invoices per month
- Store receipt information
- Manage expenses
- Bookkeeping features
- 1 debit Mastercard
- Activity notifications
- Lexoffice Integration
- Unlimited bank transfers
- Unlimited account users
Benefits of Paid Plan:
- All the benefits of the free account
- Digital invoicing
- Unlimited free withdrawals (for the unlimited account)
- 3 Mastercards for Grower and unlimited Mastercards for Unlimited
Keep in Mind:
- Additional business Mastercard will cost 3 Euro
- ATM withdrawals cost 2.5% for Starter and 2% for Grower
How to Open:
Click on this link, choose the account type you would like to start with. You will then be guided through the application process.
You will be asked to provide:
- Your Email address
- Your identity. You are the representative of the business and will be required to provide your real name, your residential address, and complete personal verification.
- Your chosen pricing plan. You will have the opportunity to change after you are approved
- Business information. Which includes:
- Commercial registry extract
- Shareholder list / Shareholder agreement
- Company Agreement
- Power of Attorney (If you are not the sole director of the company)
It might be good to know that special founder accounts are offered to German company types GmbH and UG, where you can store starting capital before providing official documentation. For all other company types, you must provide all the required documents for verification.